This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

We’re more than halfway through the semester now, and I can guess that your motivation and thrill for going to class is dwindling just like mine. Midterms are over, but more tests and homework seem to be piling up. I for one am very stressed as I am stared in the face with the projects that I should have started weeks ago and the papers due at midnight and the endless chapters I have to read.

However, we need to keep in mind the importance of the opportunity we’ve been given here. We each have the chance to study something we are passionate about, to better ourselves. We are here to have fun and make friends, but also to learn. It can be easy to get bogged down in the busy work assigned to us, but if we keep in mind the bigger picture of what we’re working toward, it becomes less about grades and more about education.

When I become overwhelmed, I like to try to take the stress out of studying. I love coffee, so I like studying at coffee shops, enjoying different drinks and the atmosphere. It makes studying about more than the frantic rush to get it all done. Find a way to make it about more. Study with friends and hang out when your done, or go to a park and enjoy the sun, or make night of it and order a bunch of your favorite food to eat after you finish.

School is stressful, but if we remember why we’re here, we can make a conscious effort to try our best and set ourselves up in the best way possible to change the world in our own ways.

Junior at UNT studying History and Pre-Law. When I'm not reading, I enjoy baking, yoga, and watching 2000s Rom Coms.
Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.