This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Bay Area rapper Saweetie’s image embodies streetwear styles of the early 2000s. From her clothing to hairstyles and accessories, Saweetie’s style is the epitome of the ‘Baby Girl’ esthetic. The Baby Girl style includes very sleek hairstyles like a high pony with a swoop bang, large hoop earrings, intense glossy lip and makeup that accentuates facial features, and outfits like a crop top, miniskirt and sneakers. Saweetie’s style is fun, playful, yet sophisticated and sexy. I want to share five of her best looks of 2020 thus far.

First up is her Grammy’s look. Saweetie shined in a multicolored beaded Moschino dress from their pre-fall 2020 collection styled by Bryon Javar. For this look, the gown is really the focal point. It is adorned with an array of colors. It fits her body like a glove and displays her curves while still looking elegant. Her hair is styled in a slick topknot as to not take away from the dress, but the back of her hair features a bit of drama with multicolored bobby pins. Her makeup is very neutral but still includes a dramatic lash as to show her personality.

Second is her look for the Bad Boys for Life movie premiere styled by Bryon Javar. Saweetie is sporting a black Vivienne Westwood corset-style top paired with black jeans embellished with purple feathers from The Blonds. The look is completed with a smooth top-knot bun and nude glossy lip and dramatic lashes, and of course bold earrings. This look has a lot of balance. The precise bun met with a bold glam look; the black top meets jeans that dazzle. 

Next is her look for the annual Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Party. Bryon Javar and her whole glam team absolutely killed this look. From head to toes she exudes elegance. Her hair and makeup are very much inspired by old Hollywood glam. A smooth low bun, the eyes and lips are the focal point of her glam and the drop diamond earrings and necklace by Neil Lane pair perfectly. She is wearing a couture gown by Guarav Gupta. The gown is nude and features swirls at the hip and bust that accentuate her body.

Saweetie’s jacket stole the show at the Roc Nation Brunch. She is sporting what looks to be a layered tulle nude dress with nude pumps. However, the tulle piece is a couture jacket from Harry Halim, and she is wearing a matching nude slip dress underneath. She took a softer approach with hair and makeup. Neutral makeup with bold lashes and her hair is tossed is loose top bun, which a departure from her usual super sleek bun with dramatic baby hairs. Of course, her look isn’t complete without a statement earring.

Finally, the last outfit is a night out look she served while in Dubai. I love this look because the Icy Girl is on full display. The look is flamboyant and flashy. Saweetie is wearing an emerald jumpsuit with illusion cutouts and matching cape styled by Sankara McCain. She accessorises with gold open-toe heels and a gold crystal skull handbag from Judith Leibar. Her neck and wrist are draped with matching Cuban link necklace and bracelet. Her makeup is more dramatic with a green smokey eye and long lashes although her lippie is a natural pink color. Her hair is perfectly pressed and is voluminous and bouncy. 

I am a Junior studying Fashion Merchandising at UNT. I enjoy binge watching Netflix and Hulu. I look forward to covering current trends and new designer collections.
Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.