Style

Sales to Help You Revamp Your Fall Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

The temperature has finally dropped in Texas, and I couldn’t be more excited. It’s time to get out your best sweaters, pull out your trustee sweatpants, and dust off your favorite pair of booties. The slight change in weather is the perfect excuse to go shopping and get your closet ready for fall and winter.

If you’re anything like me, you are ballin’ on a budget because college already drains my bank account like no other. Have no fear, I have complied a list of sales and some tips to get you looking right for the fall but at a low cost!!

There are so many online stores that are having huge sales on their fall items!!

1. Missguided is having a buy three, get 40% off sale, so buy at least three items and get 40% off your whole order. This sale excludes sale items! Use code: B3G40

2. Pretty Little Thing has had a 50% off sale for at least two weeks already. I’m not sure how much longer it will go on, so hop on that as soon as possible!! This sale excludes sale items and beauty items. Use code: YAY50

3. Boohoo is having a 60% off sale which is insane might I add. 60% off of everything on the website excluding sale items and selected lines. 

4. Nasty Gal is having 50% off sale on everything as well, but it gets better. You can take an additional 20% off jackets, coats and knitwear. Use code: SCORE20!

5. Forever 21(RIP kinda) is having a 30% off sale on select bottoms and sweaters. Don’t worry, there is some cute still stuff on there.

Online shopping is an extreme sport honestly, but if you know the tips and tricks to navigate it, you can get some great deals.

I highly recommend downloading the Honey extension. I saw so many YouTubers vouch for this extension, but I never gave it a chance until about a few months ago. It is a game changer! Online stores have so many sales right after the other interchanging between 30-60% off. It sometimes takes a couple days for the codes to go inactive. Honey saves the codes, and you can sometimes use them after they “expire”. I’ve used it for a Missguided order, and ultimately got 50% off instead of 30%.

Shop at thrift stores. If you actually take the time out to rummage through the racks, you can find some pretty great things like denim jackets, sweaters and vintage jeans to keep you warm during the upcoming winter months!

So get out there, and shop til you drop but don’t break your bank!!!

I'm a junior at the University of North Texas. My interests range from reading to astrology to bullet journaling. When I'm not at school or at work, I'm trying new foods or online shopping!
Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.