This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

One day I was having a conversation with a friend about our sex life and she asked me a question that I had never thought about. 

She asked, “when you’re about to hook up with someone, do you put makeup on before? Or do you not wear any?”

At first I was baffled at this, and then I replied, “If I have makeup on, then I just keep it on, if I don’t have any on, I won’t purposely put any on just to have sex.”

Once you get in tune with yourself and your sex life there are a few key components to get you to feel your best during intimacy. 

For starters, make sure boundaries are drawn and respected. If you only want to be friends with benefits, then make that clear. If you know you have feelings for someone, let them know before you get involved with them and discuss in depth what the future should look like. Just know that communication goes a long way.

Next, make sure you get involved with someone who makes you feel confident and sexy. Have sex with someone who makes you feel beautiful regardless if it’s with the lights off, the lights on, makeup, a bare face, half-clothed, or completely naked. It’s really important to know what someone is willing to do during sex, and what they aren’t willing to do. Don’t compromise your needs and wants just to satisfy theirs.

Lastly, be open to try new things and don’t take everything so seriously. Find a partner who can laugh in the middle of sex if something doesn’t happen according to plan. It’s nice to have someone who can make you feel unstoppable.

I am a junior at UNT and I am majoring in journalism. I love to write about anything and everything. I’m probably somewhere listening to Taylor Swift while writing about life.