Reviewing the Goods

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

I received a Survival Kit from Her Campus, and to be honest, I was a little disappointed. All I got was a face mask, some tights, a leaky perfume sample, and some advertisements.

THE FACE MASK

I have used this particular mask before, it’s a decent mask but I would recommend Formula 10.06 face masks, they come in tubes and one tube makes several masks. The mask I received was a singular packet of Freeman Avocado and Oatmeal Clay mask. It is definitely good for the price of $2 for a 0.5 Oz packet.

THE TIGHTS

Ok. I hate tights. There, I said it, it’s out there for the world to hear! I’m sure these tights are perfectly fine, I just hate how tight and awful all tights are, so these didn’t stand a chance with me reviewing them. They are Leggs Sheer Energy Medium Support Leg Tights, they sound like tights for old women though right? Who wears support tights anymore? If you just love your support tights and are appalled at my extreme dislike, go try them out for yourself for $5.99, a good price I guess, I’m not a tights aficionado.

THE LEAKY PERFUME SAMPLE

So this perfume smelled like the early 2000s, it was Juicy Couture so it was very “middle school girl, but in a fashionable way” if you know what I mean. It smelled sweet and a bit floral, before it leaked all over my hand and I smelled like a stylish 7th grader from the early 2000s all day. I don’t even remember the name of this perfume, but all Juicy Couture smells the same so go out and get something nostalgic.

Overall the samples were not bad, just not for me. I hope you find this useful and enjoy my witty humor.

Hello, my name is Leah Butler and I am a writer for Her Campus at UNT. I am an English major right now (probably going to change it again!) and I hope to write a kick ass book one day. I love to write, cook, and hang out with animals.
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.