pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Profile of Genise Green

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Recent transfer student, Genise Green, is still settling into her first semester at UNT. The Integrative Studies major has a passion for helping others and plans to attend nursing school after graduating. I got a chance to have lunch with Genise and talk about how her semester is going so far.

So, how is your semester going? What have you been up to?

“I don’t know, I think it’s been going well. Being a transfer [student] is pretty hard, new campus, not knowing too many people…but there’s a lot to do in Denton so I’m managing.”

What do you do? What are some of your hobbies?

“I’m trying to start up a YouTube channel. I really like makeup and trying out new looks. And I’m pretty into hair too. Mhmm…hobbies….is binge-watching a TV-show a hobby?”

What is something you’re really proud of?

“I’m most proud of the little success that I’ve had. I’ve had a job since I was 16. I put myself through school and I haven’t had to ask anyone for help.”

So, what are your plans after graduation? Any big goals?

“Oh I’ve got big plans, man! I’m applying to a nursing program, going to get an apartment in Dallas…I’m going to develop better relationships with my family, especially my sister. I guess I really just want to be happy before anything else though. You can have all the money in the world, but if there’s no one around then what is it all for?”

UNT Junior Integrative Studies major with focuses in Women and gender Studies, Political Science and International Studies. Minoring in photography and journalism. Born and raised in the heart of Chicago, but relocated to Texas for school. I'm passionate about photography, fashion, foods, Vintage polaroid and old records.
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.