This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

One of the hardest parts of living through a pandemic has been connecting and bonding with my friends while in quarantine. One thing my friends and I have found is playing online games with each other is a good substitute for in-person fun. Here are our suggestions:

Backyard.co

While scrolling through TikTok one morning, I came across a video about this site and knew my friends and I had to check it out. This is basically a Zoom call but you can play various games with each other while video chatting. We played a version of Cards Against Humanity and Charades and had so much fun. I definitely recommend checking this one out.

Among Us

I’m sure everyone knows what this game is by now. Normally, lying to your friends is frowned upon, but in this game of teamwork and betrayal relies on the sneakiness of Imposters and the collaboration of Crewmates. As Imposters walk around killing their crewmates, the rest of the team is tasked with figuring out who the Imposter is and voting them out to win the game. At Her Campus UNT, we have a group chat of those who play the game, and we play with one another almost every night. It’s an awesome way to bond while social distancing and have fun while tricking your friends.

iPhone Games

The tried and true iPhone games will always have a place in my heart. I hadn’t played them much before the pandemic, but when I hadn’t had the opportunity to beat my family in Uno for a while, I came across Crazy 8 on my iPhone. Now, my family often uses the family group chat to engage in a not-so-friendly game of Crazy 8, 8ball, or Sea Battle. 

Hey! I'm a senior at UNT majoring in Integrative Studies with fields in Political Science, International Studies, and Public Administration. I am also double minoring in Communication Studies and Women and Gender Studies. I love reading, writing, hanging out with my friends, and serving my community. I hope to graduate with honors from UNT in May of 2021 and then head to law school in the fall.