This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

With our new normal being social distancing and remaining in the house all day, resorting to binge-watching old shows and discovering new ones has become everyone’s favorite hobby. If you’re anything like me, you’re running out things to watch or getting bored with your current rotation. Lucky for you, some old shows are coming back and some new series are surfacing.

1. Insecure (HBO): Issa Rae’s Insecure is coming back with its fourth season on April 12! Insecure is a comedy-drama follows two best friends, Issa and Molly, as they try to navigate their young adult lives and face their insecurities in L.A. The show has been on air since 2016, and is guaranteed to have you belly laughing!
  2. Selah and The Spades (Prime Video): Selah and The Spades premiered at the Sundance Film Festival earlier this year and is coming to Prime Video April 17! The film follows Selah Summers, the head of the five factions that run Haldwell Boarding School as she seeks a person to take her throne.
  3. #blackAF (Netflix): Kenya Barris is back with another sitcom about being a black man and parenting starring Rashida Jones and Kenya Barris himself. The show airs on Netflix April 17!
  4. Quibi: Quibi is not a new show or movie, but it is actually a brand new app that became available to the public on April 6! The app is full of cool new short shows that have about 6 minute long episodes. New episodes air every day and they are designed to fit on your phone (the perfect bathroom show). The app has a deal going on right now: first three months free! Some of the shows include: a hilarious dating show hosted by Keke Palmer, a reboot of Punk’d hosted by Chance the Rapper, and a light-hearted “court” show hosted by Chrissy Teigen.
I'm a junior at the University of North Texas. My interests range from reading to astrology to bullet journaling. When I'm not at school or at work, I'm trying new foods or online shopping!