This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

While there are several different makeup brands that I like and regularly use products from, there is no brand that I come back to more than ColourPop. ColourPop has all of your makeup needs from foundation to eyeshadow to lip products, as well as fun extras like fake freckle pens and face stamps. Their products are cruelty-free, often vegan, and come in a wide spectrum of shades. The company is mostly based online but they also sell some products at Ulta that you can buy in stores. This can make matching some shades difficult, however, they do offer a “Find Your Shade” feature that I can vouch for. Along with makeup products, ColourPop also has sister brands that sell body and skincare products, however, I have yet to try these. 

Nearly every product I’ve ever bought from ColourPop has a five-star review from me. Even my least favorite products are things that I still like. The being said, I’d like to share some of the products that keep me coming back and take my makeup game to another level. 

1. Super Shock Blush

https://colourpop.com/products/drop-of-a-hat​ 

Colourpop’s Super Shock Blush in the shade Drop of a Hat is one of my favorite makeup products of all time. I used to use Glossier’s Cloud Paint liquid blush but this is much easier to control and much prettier in my opinion. It’s buildable and beautiful and compliments my looks very well. I like to put on a good bit of blush when I do my makeup so I use this often and quickly. Sometimes I even use it as an eyeshadow because I love the pearlized peachy pink color. 

2. Eyeshadow Palettes

https://colourpop.com/collections/eyeshadow-palettes

Colourpop’s eyeshadows are pigmented, blendable, and last all day. I’ve tried several different brands but I never get results that I like more than my ColourPop palettes. I own five currently and have owned several over time. My most used palette right now is California Love, which features beautiful golds, yellows, oranges, and browns. 

Something very unique about ColourPop is that they allow you to build your own eyeshadow palette. If you don’t see one that you like that is premade, you can choose your own shades from beautiful mattes, glitters, metallics, and more. You can also add bronzers, highlighters, blushes, and more.

3. Highlighters

https://colourpop.com/collections/highlighter

I’ve used both the Lite Stix and the Super Shock highlighters from ColourPop. I definitely prefer the Super Shocks and my favorite shade is Lunch Money. This is a lovely pearlized champagne color that goes really well with any look. The Lite Stix are also good and I currently have one that I still use sometimes but the formula isn’t as nice.

These are definitely my top three products, but I have tried and will try many more. Some of the others that I like are the No Filter Matte Concealer, Liquid Lipsticks, Lippie Stix, and Lip Tints.

I'm passionate about writing, books, tattoos, art, feminism, true crime podcasts, and more. Integrative studies major (Communications, Digital Media, Journalism).