This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

As we all consider what to do with the increased amount of time we have on our hands, listening to music is clearly an option. I can be an old head when it comes to music, vibing to the hits of the past. Lately, I’ve noticed how much I also enjoy and appreciate mainstream artists and have found myself jamming out to more contemporary music. In an effort to de-stress during these trying times, I’ve compiled a short list of contemporary R&B songs to chill to. Enjoy.

1. “Make It Better” – Anderson .Paak (feat. Smokey Robinson)

2. “Love Songs” – Kaash Paige

3. “Lost Kids Get Money” – Brent Faiyaz

4. “Cranes in the Sky” – Solange

5. “My Attitude” – Flo Milli

6. “Glock Six” – 6LACK

7. “The Internet” – Come Over

8. “Comfortable” – H.E.R

9. “Ascension” – Jhene Aiko (feat. Brandy)

10. “Body Language” – Kali Uchis

Kaycee Hubbard is an undergraduate student at the University of North Texas majoring in journalism with a concentration in digital and print. She has had work published in her college's newspaper, The North Texas Daily, and for USA Today. She hopes to pursue a career in music journalism and write for a magazine after graduating. In her spare time, she enjoys singing and listening to old school R&B, reading fantasy novels, and exercising.
Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.