This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

As this school year comes to a close, I thought this would be the perfect time to reflect on my first year with Her Campus. 

When I found out that I was accepted into the organization, I was so excited that I was impatiently waiting for the year to start. On the day of the HC mixer I was kind of nervous because I did not know what to expect. But then once I got to know everyone, I saw that everyone was so nice and accepting. I even made some new friends in the first few weeks. 

As the year went by I have gotten to make some new memories and, most importantly, gained some writing experience. Her Campus has given me the opportunity to write about what I like, and have the articles seen for so many people to read. I have had family, friends, and even reality TV stars tell me that they like my articles and it means so much to me. Being on the writing team is an amazing experience and I will continue to write more amazing articles in the future.

Overall, I have had an incredible first year with Her Campus. These ladies have continued to inspire me and have become my second family. I cannot wait to see what’s in store for my second year in this organization.

Danielle is currently a senior at UNT majoring in Broadcast/Digital Journalism and minoring in marketing. When she's not in school she likes to watch YouTube and Netflix, sleep, dance, hang out with friends, go out to eat, and listen to music.