This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Since coming to UNT, I’ve tried to branch out some of my music taste and make my music collection more of a variety. So, here’s some music to check out this fall:

Lili Trifilio’s new EP “Book Club”:

Lili, the main singer in the band Beach Bunny, recently debuted her own EP with five songs. Each song is very calm and relaxing. The recordings feel so raw and real, and I like it. If you like the sound of her voice and want more, check out her music with Beach Bunny. They are my all-time favorite band, and many of the songs have this nice upbeat, indie vibe.

The Neighbourhood’s new single “Yellow Box”:

For their past few releases, I’ve been pretty disappointed with The Neighbourhood’s new stuff. I understand that bands can change their sound, but switching up music genres is a HUGE jump for listeners. With their EP Ever Changing, it didn’t sound like the Neighbourhood that I loved from the Hard EP or Wiped Out album. However, “Yellow Box” is a total switch back. It feels like a total throwback with sounds similar to their older music.

Ting Tang Tina’s EP “Love is Trippy”:

I found this small band a few weeks ago, but they are absolutely amazing. Their song “Yellow and Blue” is probably my favorite, but I really like their other stuff too. They are a local North Texas band, so I highly encourage you to check them out. They play in a variety of Denton and surrounding areas, and it’s an inexpensive way to hear new music and support the local music industry.

The 1975’s new single “People”:

In late August, The 1975 released “People.” It is an absolute bop, but it is very different from their last release. “People” is the epitome of angst, and the song focuses on generational frustration and anger. “A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships” (their album released in 2018) was great, but it is much more calm and flowy than their most recent release. I think this new song really spices things up and puts you on your toes from the very beginning of the song.

Mom Jeans’ “Scott Pilgrim V. My GPA”:

Originally, when this song popped up on my Spotify account, I clicked on it because of its title talking about Scott Pilgrim. After listening to it, no, it really isn’t about Scott Pilgrim, but it is a good song. The guitar is very calm and drives the melody. It reminds me of something I would listen to as I drive on a long road trip – and I like the vibe.

Remo Drive’s album “Greatest Hits” and “Natural, Everyday Degradation”:

Remo Drive was my first real concert that I went to, so I’m specifically fond of them. Most of my favorites are in their older album “Greatest Hits.” “Yer Killin’ Me” throws a fast paced song in you face as soon as the song begins, and I love that. “I’m My Own Doctor” and “Strawberita” are other fast paced songs of theirs that I particularly love. From their new album, I really like “The Grind.” The chorus sounds like you’re going up and down a rollercoaster, and the song flows well. That being said, they’ve produced a lot of bops, so go check out all their stuff on your own.

Gerard Way’s “Baby You’re a Haunted House”:

Since it’s close to Halloween, I’ll add this “spooky” bop. The song was released last October by the lead singer of the band My Chemical Romance. If you’re into emo music, My Chemical Romance is for you – but this song isn’t emo, it’s much more festive. It fills the listener with spooky vibes, and I encourage you to listen to it to put yourself in the Halloween spirit.

I hope you check out at least one of these songs, or that you find other new songs to add to your music collection. Happy Listening!

New homes Perth offers the best professional advice to the clients for building up their dream home project and if you want to know about the project evaluation, then visit newhomedesignsperth.com.au.
Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.