Member of the Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

At Her Campus UNT, we love to show our members how much we appreciate them. Every month we spotlight a member going above and beyond for our chapter. This month’s star is our Treasurer and Philanthropy Executive, Joslyn Pham. Outside of school and work, Joslyn also manages a fashion and lifestyle blog called My Authentic Nature.We asked Joslyn to tell us a little more about herself. 

Name: Joslyn Pham

Hometown: Plano

Major/Minor: Biology Major + Chemistry Minor Career Goals: I currently aspire to be a doctor of physical therapy, and I want to be able to work with kids.  Involvement at UNT: FSA, and treasurer for Her Campus What’s your favorite fall activity? Snuggling up with a book and a cup of coffee If you could change anything from freshman year, what would you change? 

I would’ve chosen to live on campus so that I could experience more things with my friends.

What advice do you have for people interested in starting a blog?

Go for it! The most important thing is to be yourself, and write what you want to write. 

How do you manage working, school, extracurricular activities, and blogging?

Sometimes it gets very overwhelming, but organizing, planing ahead, and micromanaging really help. Since you’re the money manager, tell us how you would spend a million dollars.

I honestly don’t know! I think I would first split half of it, and put it into a savings account. Then, the second half would be used for school, clothes, makeup, and whatever else I would want. 

Kayla Charles is currently studying Merchandising and Digital Retailing at the University of North Texas. The Houston, Texas native is very passionate about writing, fashion, and the celebration of women. Kayla is proud to represent Her Campus UNT.
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.