Ashli Hart, UNT philantrophy chair, posing at the her campus unt photoshoot
Ashli Hart
Career

LeadHER- Meet Ashli Hart

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Behind every great girl group is a ‘Leslie Knope’ hyping them up. For Her Campus UNT, that girl is Ashli Hart. Ashli has been the philanthropy chair for Her Campus UNT for one semester, and won an award for the most philanthropic team during UNT’s 2019 Homecoming activities. As she continues her junior year and is getting ready to apply to law school, she never lets her busy workload get in the way of her community service plans. Using her degree in Integrative Studies with emphasis in political science, public administration and international studies to guide her, Ashli has set the bar high for future leaders that follow in her footsteps. 

What inspired you to run for a leadership position at UNT?

I am very passionate about serving my community and making the world a better place, and I wanted to share that passion with the wonderful women in Her Campus. 

How has being in Her Campus changed your college experience? 

Her Campus has given me a community of strong, empowered women that support and encourage me in everything that I do. I have met some of my best friends in Her Campus, and I know my college experience would not have been the same without them.

A post shared by ash ⭐️ (@ashli.leann) on

What challenges have you faced as a leader, and what did you do to overcome them? 

The biggest challenged I faced was learning the balance between being a leader and also being a friend to those that I am leading. I held a lot of leadership positions throughout my life that involved telling people what to do and reprimanding them when work is not done, and it was hard for me to learn how to be stern but kind. I overcame this by learning and practicing empathy in situations. I learned that if you talk kindly to your peers and ask them why they dropped the ball on a task, there is normally a good reason for it. Once you know that, it is easier to help them through their problems and get them back on track.

Who is your biggest influence and why? 

My mom. She is the absolute strongest woman I know, and she taught me the importance of working hard to accomplish my dreams no matter how big they are.  ​

What advice would you give freshmen year you if you had the chance?

I would tell myself to join Her Campus sooner!

What is one goal you plan on achieving this year?

I want to get even more involved in both Her Campus and community service.  

Do you think it is possible for women to achieve their dreams with competing against like-minded women?

I think it is possible if women have the right mindset. Even in competition, it is important to not tear other women down trying to build yourself up. It is also important to remember that any women’s success is also your success. You can’t shatter glass ceilings alone!

What are three words that describe you? 

Ambitious, Independent, and Strong. 

A post shared by Her Campus UNT (@hercampusunt) on

How would you like to be remembered? 

I would like to be remembered as a strong woman who stood up for what she believed in.  

What in your life has brought or given you the greatest fulfillment?

Succeeding in college! As a kid, I never would have thought that I could be in college working toward a career at all, so being over halfway done with undergrad with plans to go to law school after graduation is so gratifying.

Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.