This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Name: Lauren Gordon

Year: Senior, graduating December 2017

LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/laurengordontx

Twitter: @MissLaurenG

Instagram: @MissLauren_xoxo

Meet Lauren Gordon, a senior PR student at the University of North Texas who is passionately involved on campus. Lauren is a blog writer for the UNT chapter of Her Campus and is featured as this week’s profile.  Find out how Lauren is making the most of her experience at UNT and get inspired by this hardworking collegiate.

Q: What’s your major and what do you hope to do with it?

A: I am journalism major with a concentration in public relations. I hope to work for a PR agency in the DFW area after graduation. I would love to one day work for a lifestyle and PR firm, as well as publish work focusing on travel.

Q: How do you balance so many organizations and your academics and social life?

A: I recently got elected as the Vice President of the UNT Chapter of Public Relations Student Society of America for fall 2017! I am really excited about this opportunity. I have held several leadership positions over my college career and my best advice is to use an agenda religiously. I highly recommend getting involved on campus. I also love all of my sisters in North Texas Sweethearts. It’s important to find organizations where you feel at home.

Q: How do you manage your time?

A: This sounds weird but I feel that having little free time helps me be much more productive. Days that I have free time (which is rare) I find myself goofing around, but I work so much better when I know this is my only time slot to get an assignment done.

Q: What has being in Her Campus done for you?

A: I really love the platform that Her Campus gives to college women. I have written about everything from beauty tips to how to write a cover letter and have received so much support. I could not join Her Campus fast enough when I found out Orooj and Kayla founded the first UNT chapter! In high school, I read so many HC articles like “Tips for Freshman” and “How to Be a Successful College Student” to prepare for the transition.

Q: If you could have your perfect day, what would it look like?

A: I love to travel. My aunt Diane has always inspired me to explore the world and its different cultures with an open mind. Some of my best memories are exploring beautiful cities like Seattle, WA., New York City, NY., and Munich, Germany with her. My perfect day would be traveling to a new city with people I love.

Q: Who are some women that inspire you? Why?

A: Professionally, I really admire Sheryl Sandberg. She is the chief operating officer of Facebook and author of Lean In, which is a great read for college women. Entertainment wise, Taylor Swift is my go-to. She shows that is okay to be girly and strong. Plus, singing her songs is the easiest way to get out of a funk.

Photo sources:

Photo 1: Kristen Watson

Photo 2: Junebug Clark

Photo 3: Lauren Gordon

Lauren is a Public Relations major at University of North Texas with a passion for blogging, DIY, food and learning about the world. She's a self-proclaimed Pinterest addict, coffee lover and constant smiler who can (almost always) be caught eating. She has a serious case of wanderlust and hopes to one day work for a lifestyle and PR firm, as well as publish work focusing on travel.
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.