Kiasi Young: Your Next Her Campus UNT Co-President

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Here’s your second co-President of Her Campus UNT, Kiasi Young!

What do you envision for HerCampus for next year? I envision us growing in members and participation. I hope to see more recognition of Her Campus with other organizations and students. Last but not least, I’m going to strive to build a closer sisterhood bond among our members.

What’s your major and what do you plan on doing in the future? I’m am art major focusing on illustration. I plan to work in pixel studios after graduation and hope to make my own children’s movie.

What’s your favorite part about being in HerCampus? The diversity for sure! Both in and outside of the org. 

If you could be any animal in the world, what would you be? I’d be a bird so I could fly freely and not have to pay for gas.

What would you tell our 16-year-old self? I’m on the right path. Just keep working and focusing and everything will come together. 

Why should incoming freshmen join HerCampus? It’s the perfect way to build a sisterhood while working toward your career. We also hold a lot of fun events and it’s a great place to get involved in the community!

We can’t wait to see what Kiasi and Scotlyn do next year!

Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.