Kaitlin Hays: Her Campus UNT Social Media Director

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

For this week’s profile, we sat down with Kaitlin Hays, the Social Media Director for Her Campus UNT. Motivated, artsy, and sarcastic, Kaitlin was happy to share her thoughts on Her Campus UNT and her hopes for the future. Why did you want to become apart of the exec board of Her Campus UNT? I wanted to be apart of the executive board because I feel like I’ve always been a natural born leader, and I really love giving back in any way that I can. Also, I’ve been going through a lot of personal stuff lately and being on the executive board allows me to keep my mind away from it all. What do you like to do in your free time? In my free time I hang out with my three best friends, listen to music, watch Netflix, or I’m working! What is your ultimate goal in life? To find happiness and maintain it. I mean the genuine happiness like when your mom surprises you with something you’ve lowkey been wanting for a while, not the happiness you pretend to experience so no one asks about your problems. What’s the number one thing on your bucket list? To visit Disneyworld in every country that they have one! I’m a die hard Disney fan and to me, it’s really the happiest place on earth.  What’s your favorite candy and why? Literally anything that has chocolate! (Don’t hate me, but peanut butter is a no.)

Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.