Introducing BTS’s New Brother Group

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

After the Billboards, AMA’s and Grammy’s, BTS is no stranger. However, their new brother group may be.

On March 4th, BigHit Entertainment introduced their new boy group – Tomorrow x Together, or TXT. If you are keeping up with the world of Kpop, then you know how big this is. BTS debuted on June 12, 2013 and ever since, their label has not established another boy group, or any other acts, until this week.

TXT is comprised of five boys: Soobin, Yeonjun, Beomgyu, Taehyun, and Huening Kai. They are young, as their ages range from 16-19 years old. They debuted with their first mini album “The Dream Chapter: STAR,” which consists of five tracks; and, their title track, “CROWN,” has already broken a record.

According to BigHit, 13 hours after the release of their music video “CROWN,” it had surpassed 10 million views on YouTube! Not only that, but they have also been ranked as number one in 40 countries on iTunes.

That is insane and quite brilliant of BigHit’s marketing team. For those who don’t know, unlike American pop culture, Kpop music videos and albums drop at the same time – so fans and perspective fans had no idea what to expect until the day of release.

“CROWN” is a song about teenage growing pains, and learning to love what makes you different. The sound of this album are different from BTS’s, which I found to be smart and refreshing. Since TXT has been labeled as BTS’s brother group, there is a huge amount of pressure on them to not taint, or defame, their name and accomplishments. By having TXT have their own sound, this will allow them to grow separately from BTS, and prevent as many comparisons as possible.  

Furthermore, BigHit has revealed that TXT’s storyline is intertwined with the storyline that BTS had established. This means that TXT will have similar themes, messages and values as BTS in their work. For fans, this also means that there will be a continuation in the different theories behind music videos, short films and live performances.

Now that you are aware of Tomorrow x Together, what are your thoughts and opinions?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3iSnJ663II

I am a senior at the University of North Texas: majoring in biology with a double minor in chemistry and psychology. I am the current treasurer for Her Campus UNT, and I aspire to be a Doctor of Physical Therapy. Outside of my responsibilities, I like to play volleyball and engage in creative activities.