sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

If You’re Healing from a Broken Heart

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

This is one of the many reasons I’ve come to despise you universe.

Did you hear my thoughts?

The solemn whisper my heart made to my mind

Which agreed with that of the leaves pushing back against the wind, and the grass accepting the yellow of the sun.

The agreement of things that just made sense. 

Going day by day, observing the way you erase every touch from your memory, whisking it away with the breeze that guides clouds. 

Perhaps you weren’t tortured with the broken possibility of the sun and the moon like I was. 

Watching you move past the dream of us, made that whisper make sense.

It even made it easy.

For once, something with you was easy,

The universe had already cut it out for me, preparing my mind for the birth of a soul that didn’t love you. And by doing so, is conjuring the new version of myself that I

didn’t think could be created—a me without you.

Waking up hearing the chirping to dusk’s scarlet sky, it took me until the end of that day to realize I didn’t have a trace of you lingering around my mind.

The space was vacant at last. 

Until today

The universe cheated me.

Somehow you knew that day had finally come, the day I was no longer haunted by you.

Was that why when you held my hand and pulled me to you, I felt the melting of ice?

That fire which resent that whisper, and spit in the face of my belief.

The belief that seeing you move on didn’t hurt at all.

I’m thankful that it was never divulged to me who exactly had the ability to now say you were theirs. I just knew there was someone, and somehow that was enough for me

to mimic you and just simply, easily forget.

But this?

This wasn’t part of my reincarnation.

We were the sun and the moon, the light without the darkness.

The dream that together, they could prove the impossible.

You touch me and my veins react the same, my skin betrays me and remembers your touch as if it were the first time. 

But the sad reality of this world is, we all know it is not physically possible for the sun and the moon to exist at the same time.

And when it does, 

The eclipse cast total darkness on all who fall victim to it,

And blindness to all who look upon it.

Wanna be lawyer who's knee deep in the fashion industry with a caffeine addiction (: