This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Unfortunately, Christmas this year looks very different thanks to Ms. Rona. Here I hope to provide a small list of five things to help you get through and prepare for the holidays “normally”!

•  Christmas decorations for your room!

• One of my favorite things to do is decorate for Christmas as soon as it’s December 1st. I go to the dollar store and grab Christmas decorations to put in my room. Not only does it look festive, it helps my room look cheery and gets me through the holidays.

• Christmas movies

• Christmas is the best time of year for movies as well. Thanks to Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Disney+ and so on, Christmas themed movies are able to be easily accessed. Not to mention that every major TV network will have some sort of Christmas marathon as well. So finding holiday-themed movies will be a breeze!

• Zoom “Friendsmas”

• Since we’re still socially distant, having a big get together with friends isn’t an ideal situation. Thankfully, we are all acquainted with Zoom and know how it works. Grab your friends and hop on Zoom to play games, eat holiday food, and just chat about the holiday!

• Bake Christmas goods

• If you can, baking holiday goods can be fun as well! You can find tutorials on how to cook your favorite items, or you can even just watch people make them as well!

• Arrange a Secret Santa with friends

• Lastly, a secret Santa is a super fun and easy way to show people you care. Gather a few friends and set a small gift limit. It’s always fun to see what your friends will end up buying for you and each other.

I am a Sophomore at the University of North Texas! I am studying Psychology and Applied Behavior Analysis. In my free time, I enjoy listening to music, watching movies with friends, and studying.