photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

How to Get Through the Rest of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

With the end of the year approaching, that means there are only two weeks until finals. Around this time of the semester is typically when people start stressing over grades and wishing they could just get the next few weeks over with, but not to worry. Here are a few tips to keep you from completely shutting down for the rest of the semester.

Don’t procrastinate. This one is a given, but it especially applies to students who put off work as long as possible and try to finish it all last minute. There is not much time left to procrastinate, especially if you’re trying to lock down your grade. Professors will likely start assigning more work and final projects, so it’s important not to push them all off to the last week.

Go to class. I know it’s tempting not to go to class, and some mornings we just want to sleep in, but these final class sessions are not the ones you want to skip. Any notes you can take could be what helps you pass the final. Plus, if your professor grades on attendance or participation, this is your chance to boost that grade.

Make time for yourself. I know this can be hard, especially when you’re working and going to school, but setting aside some free time for yourself is important to maintain positive energy and not stress out too much. Go shopping, go see a movie, or just stay at home and relax with a face mask. However you choose to take a break, just make sure it prevents you from overstressing about school. And don’t be afraid to treat yourself.

Get organized. Make a schedule of your school work, your job and your me time. You can stray from the schedule a bit, but it is nice to have a general idea of when you’ll get certain things done. Don’t be afraid to plan a lot of time for yourself or for hanging out with your friends. It’s important not to have all your time devoted to work! Organizing your time can help you feel less stressed about everything, and put you in a better state of mind for finals week!

Overall, just be sure to be balance time between work and fun and try not to stress too much! The semester may be almost over, but you still have time to get your work done and bring that grade up.

Senior at UNT majoring in advertising and double minoring in English and social sciences.
Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.