Congratulations, you’ve almost made it to summer! Swimming pools and fruity drinks lay ahead of you; but you have to get through finals week first. While it can seem horrendously far away, here are some tips to embrace the summer season without being distracted from your studying!
1. Make a summer playlist. Making a playlist to jam to while studying is good motivation to hurry and finish your finals! We’re currently adding “Palm Dreams” by Hayley Kiyoko to all our summer mixes.
2. Take a study break and go outside! While it is important to study, it’s also important to take breaks so you don’t get burnt out. Take a quick break and go outside to soak up the sun for a few minutes. You’ll feel warm and refreshed!
3. Eat lots of fruit. Instead of mindlessly snacking on junk while studying, eat fruit instead! There are plenty of fruits in season right now (blackberries, blueberries, etc) and they will be sure to get you feeling full and ready for summer!
4. Make your study area smell like summer! Maybe light a candle that smells like coconut, or use a fruity room spray if you’re in a dorm with candle restrictions. Good smells can go a long way to improving your mood.
5. Do some summer cleaning. Another thing you can do when you take a study break is do some cleaning, if you’re behind on spring cleaning. Giving everything a good wipe down, or donating some clothes you don’t wear anymore will be sure to energize you.
Did we miss any tips you have? Leave them in the comments down below!