In Honor of Black History Month: All My Favorite Songs By My Favorite Black Artists – Is Your Favorite Song on the List?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

To honor Black History Month, one of my favorite months of the year, I have put together a little list of all my favorite songs by black musical artists. This list is comprised of throw-back nostalgias, songs you never knew the artists had, artists you’ve never heard of, and artists you didn’t even know where black. Let’s play a game; this list counts down to my all-time favorite song – can you guess what it is? 

#16. Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis

#15. Love and War by Tamar Braxton

#14. Bad (feat. Tiara Thomas) by Wale

#13. Lost Boy by Ruth B

#12. Fly Before You Fall by Cynthia Erivo

#11. Through The Rain by Mariah Carey

#10. Fine China by Chris Brown

#9. Love by Keyshia Cole

#8. Listen by Beyoncé   

#7. Can’t Be Love by Laura Izibor

#6. In Love With Another Man by Jazmine Sullivan

#5. Russian Roulette by Rihanna

#4. I Was Here by Beyoncé

#3. Crazy In Love by Miguel 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf83tSDxEHk

#2. ANY and all songs by Halsey (yeah, I didn’t know she was black either)

My favorites are:

#1 Without Me

#2 Alone

#3 Bad At Love

#4 Sorry

#5 Heaven In Hiding

#6 Castle

#7 Gasoline 

#8 Control

#9 Hurricane

#1. I Have Nothing by Whitney Houston

Just call her the next black Anna Wintour. Don Davis is in her third year at the University of North Texas. She is currently pursuing two degrees, a Bachelor of Science in Fashion Merchandising, and a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism. She is also pursuing two minors, one in Marketing and the other in Photography, with the hopes of one day becoming a print and digital reporter, more specifically, a fashion writer, and then getting promoted to fashion editor. However, her ultimate goal is editor-in-chief.