This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Grab a peppermint hot chocolate and curl up under a fuzzy blanket while we go on a sleigh ride of holiday magic to get you in the Christmas spirit. Finals are coming to an end and with that, the semester. I know after finals I like to distress by filling my time with the upcoming holiday. There are multiple things I personally enjoy to get me and the spirit and maybe some of these ideas will help you too. 

First: Pick a holiday playlist. Spotify has many great Christmas playlists, or you could make your own! If you’re a pop fan and don’t want to make your own list, I recommend Spotify’s “Christmas Pop” playlist. 

Second: Decorate the tree with your family. What a fun way to bond without having to really talk if you don’t want to. Just turn up that playlist and dance around while putting up ornaments and thinking back on Christmas pasts when you made this ornament or that. 

Third: What’s Christmas without Christmas movies. I myself am a fan of the old ones such as “Rudolph” and “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” but I can’t forget new classics such as “Elf” and of course “The Polar Express.” 

Fourth: Finally, go out and look at lights or go ice skating. You don’t have to go with a significant other to have. Going with friends is just as fun! Christmas is about family. Your family isn’t always blood, but it can be your friends. Remember that you can still have a fun holiday season without being in a relationship and without being close to your family.

I am a journalism major at the University of North Texas. I am new to Her Campus and being a writer for the UNT chapter.
Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.