Her Campus Holiday Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

holiday goodies! Here’s a list of the products which were included, and my first impressions of them:

1. Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl (#001 – Black Noir) by RIMMEL This product has a very soft, and pigmented formula which allows you to easily tight line your eyes or create a sexy smokey eyeliner look. However, I feel that the formula is a little too soft, and if you are not careful you could easily ruin the kohl. This liner is also waterproof; however, I did notice that it could still easily smudge if one was not careful. Overall, this product is good and comfortable, but the smudging is a little off putting.  
  2. Scandaleyes Mascara (#003 – Extreme Black) by RIMMEL

This by far is the best “drug store” mascara I have used in a long time. Scandaleyes Mascara has a very comfortable, and thick formula; and, together with its big mascara brush, this product applies evenly without the risk of clumping. I have been a fan since the first time I’ve tried it.  

3. Provocalips Kissproof Lip Colour by RIMMEL This product came in three shades: #200 – I’ll Call you, #230 – Kiss Fatal, and #550 – Play with Fire. These shades are perfect for the holiday season; but, to be honest, this was not my favorite product which we received in this survival kit issue. Originally, I was excited to try these out, but after the second time, I fell out of love with it. **Disclaimer: I tend to have more overly sensitive lips which have a habit of drying out with a lot of lippie products. **

I first tried #230 – Kiss Fatal, and the application went the way it was designed to. While applying step 1 (intense color), the product applied thinly but evenly. The formula was pigmented, glossy, and not too watery. However, while applying step 2 (lock & shine), I noticed that the clear formula was more thick and sticky. Kiss fatal lasted through burrito day, and nacho Tuesday, even though it did come off a little every time I wiped my mouth.

I then tried #550 – Playing with Fire, and it did not go as designed. After applying step 2, I noticed that parts of the colored formula and the clear formula were not blending together properly. #550 also didn’t allow me to rub my lips together because parts of the formula on my top lip would transfer to my lower lip. This created a splotchy and patchy look on my lips.

Overall, this product was not the worst lip product I have tried, and I invite you to try out at least one color in the Provocalips collection by RIMMEL.

4. Waterproof Natural Bronzer (#022 – Sun Bronze) by RIMMEL I am not a daily bronzer user, so this product was somewhat indifferent to me. However, I must say that the formula is very nice, and has more of a soft creamy formula than a powdery one. It applies well onto my brush and my face, but this specific color was slightly too light for me to really notice the effects. Overall, from my minimal knowledge, this is one of the best bronzers which I have stumbled across, and I will continue to experiment with this product.  

5. 7 Wonders Face Masks by Leaders Insolution

This is by far the best product which we received. This face mask is the real deal and will do wonders for your skin. This series by Leaders Insolution accommodates for various skin types, and conditions – including sensitive skin. Overall, this is one of the best face masks I have ever had the pleasure of trying. **Note: the film which you remove, is the thinner one. **  

6. Pure Silk Shaving Cream (Raspberry Mist)

I have never been one to use shaving cream while taking care of my hairy legs; but, after using this product, I began to question why I waited so long to use shaving cream. Compared to normal body washes, shaving creams are significantly better and assist you in getting a closer shave, without fear of having razor burns at the end. Overall, this shaving cream soothing, moisturizing and smelled amazing. I do invite you to try out this product yourself because, again, I never used shaving cream before receiving this product.  

7. Yogi Tea Bags (Green Tea & Sweet Tangerine)

I love tea, whether they’re hot, cold, or iced. Hot tea is essentially good for your metabolism and your body in general. Compared to coffee, teas do not have as strong of a staining agent. Also, did you know that you can use tea bags for under eye circles? One of the best at home remedies for dark under eyes is to place your warm, damp, tea bag on your eyes, and rinse. So, by using this product, you are killing two birds with one stone!

Overall, this tea is tasty, healthy/organic, and is mild to strongly fragranced, depending on how much water you used to steep the tea bags.

This survival kit was definitely one of the favorites which I have received. From this kit, I have discovered brand new brands, which I now love, and have rediscovered how good a brand is.

I highly recommend you to try out these products yourself. Remember, everyone is uniquely different, and you won’t know if you will like or dislike these products until you try.

I would like to thank Her Campus for sending us these goodies, and I would like to thank RIMMEL, Leaders Insolution, PureSilk, and Yogi for these amazing samples, and coupons.

I am a senior at the University of North Texas: majoring in biology with a double minor in chemistry and psychology. I am the current treasurer for Her Campus UNT, and I aspire to be a Doctor of Physical Therapy. Outside of my responsibilities, I like to play volleyball and engage in creative activities.
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.