Global Citizen Live: Los Angeles 2021

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

When traveling to Los Angeles to celebrate my 21st birthday, I found out that my favorite band was performing a charity concert, and my friends and I all entered a drawing to win tickets.

Luckily, we ended up winning enough tickets for all of us to go. We spent the whole weekend having fun around the city, but the highlight for me was definitely the concert.

Global Citizen is an organization that focuses on advocating for and educating people to end extreme poverty. They had concerts all over the world – including Paris, London, Rio De Janeiro, New York, and more.

At the Global Citizen Live concert in Los Angeles, there were a lot of big performers. The line-up included Stevie Wonder, Adam Lambert, Chloe X Halle, Demi Lovato, H.E.R., Migos, OneRepublic, Ozuna, The Lumineers, and my all-time favorite, 5 Seconds of Summer.

5 Seconds of Summer went on first and their setlist was short but well thought out. They performed classic hits like She Looks So Perfect, Youngblood, Easier, and also one of my favorite songs: Ghost of You. This was my sixth time seeing 5SOS live, and it was a great way to celebrate my 21st. 

One thing I really liked about this concert is that the artists did it for charity, and it was so cool to see so many artists that you wouldn’t normally expect to come together for such an important cause.

A lot of the performances were by people from all genres I have never seen perform before, and it was cool to hear popular songs live.

This concert is one that I will never forget because of all the amazing artists that performed and the cause we were bringing attention to. I can forever have a special memory for such an important birthday.

Junior at UNT studying sociology. Tom Holland and 5SOS obsessed.