This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Looking for some new music to start the new month with? Listen to the band Couch. Couch is a new six-member soul/pop/funk band based in Boston. Their sound is fresh as they stick with their motive to reshape familiar pop tropes in unexpected ways. 

Couch effortlessly blends and blurs the lines of these genres into an amazing Benny Goodman-James Brown-Pop Star love child. 

Their rendition of “Conjunction Junction” revives memories of sitting in your elementary classroom and watching Schoolhouse Rock with your biggest worry being who was going to claim the swings first at recess. This cover is absolutely funky and is worth a listen or two or three…or ten. 

“Fall Into Place” is another standout of Couch. This track swings effortlessly through the struggle of relaxing and not worrying about everything and just letting it all fall into place. This may be some tricky territory but Couch is there to help ya’ through. 

Couch released their five-song EP “COUCH” on Spotify on February 26th. So if you want to get jazzy, funky, or pop-py, check Couch out — you won’t regret it.

Check out their socials!

Instagram: @couch.theband

Tik Tok: @couch.theband

Facebook: @couchtheband

Hi! I'm Hannah - a Journalism major with a minor in Criminal Justice.