Faith, Family, Football- A Profile of Khairi Muhammad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Meet, football player, Khairi Muhammad! Muhammad, a UNT freshman, is originally from Dallas, Texas and graduated from Desoto High School with the class of 2016.

Muhammad has always had dreams of playing for a Division One school. When it came down to where he wanted to his college football career, Muhammad had a pool of offers to choose from and ultimately had to decide which suited him best. Fortunately for us, the University of North Texas did a good job at catching his eye. When asked what helped him make his choice, he said, “It was close to home, is a friendly environment, and I loved the coaches”.

Being a part of the team taught him more than just how to chase a football, however, and the discipline that he has on the field is the same type of discipline that he applies to his daily life. “Having mental toughness, being responsible, and forcing yourself to wake up early for workouts and still making it through a day of classes. Everything that has to be done on the field needs to be done in class. I can even apply it to when I am driving and have to stop at the stop signs”, Khairi explains.

Khairi has big dreams of being drafted into the NFL and becoming a part of the Dallas Cowboys franchise once he finishes school. Until then, keep a look out for him on the field. Next season he is determined to receive the achievement of being “First Team All-Conference.” Who knows, maybe one day he will be wearing a Cowboys jersey with his name on the back!

Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.