Dancing With the Stars: What’s Going On?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

I have been keeping up with ABC’s Dancing with the Stars season 25.  It began with 13 couples and we are now down to the final four and next week is the finale!  The final four couples are Frankie Muniz &Whitney Carson, Drew Scott & Emma Slater, Jordan Fisher & Lindsay Arnold, and my girl Lindsey Stirling & Mark Ballas.  This season has been amazing because all these couples have strengths that have kept them in this competition.  While others have such great rhythm and musically to them others have been using the votes to get them in the finale.

Frankie Muniz & Whitney Carson:  This has been a partnership that Whitney hasn’t had since Alfonso Ribeiro.  It is honestly so refreshing to see this partnership bloom each week and Whitney has honestly shown that she has the capabilities to create choreography that complements Frankie’s style.  I am honestly surprised that Frankie turned into a dancer.  I didn’t think he would make it to the final four because there were other contestants that danced better but what makes him very special is that he is able to connect with the audience and he is just a joyous person when he performs.  It will be interesting to see how Whitney will choreograph his freestyle and she will compliment his dance skills.

Drew Scott & Emma Slater:  Now this is the couple that I thought would go in week 6 but he has proven to the audience that he can dance, the only thing that I have issues with is his technique isn’t that great and needs work on his footwork.  I think he will place 4th because Frankie, Jordan, and Lindsey are great dancers and they did better this week than Drew.  It will be fun to see his freestyle though because it will be fun to see how Emma will incorporate his strengths.

Jordan Fisher & Lindsay Arnold:  With Jordan he is considered to be the one to beat because he has excellent rhythm and has been doing incredibly well this season.  From the beginning of the season he and Lindsey Stirling have been the front runners and have been doing well consistently.  The only thing that has been giving him an edge up on Lindsey Stirling is that he seems more relaxed and has had the continued support of two the judges and they love his style and charm.  The only thing that can truly win him the mirror ball is if his partner is able to create a freestyle that will be able to match the creativity that Mark will be bringing.

Lindsey Stirling & Mark Ballas:  When I heard that my girl Lindsey Stirling was going to be on the show, I was very excited because she is the electronic violinist that danced with her violin.  Although she dances with her violin, she has never been trained to dance but what she does is a creative way of thinking about dance and music and make them intertwine together.  She is very elegant and graceful when she dances but I am really excited to see what Mark has in store for their freestyle.  They are both musicians and since she has years of experience with dancing with a violin it would be interesting to see what he has in store for their freestyle.

Of all the years I have seen Dancing with the Stars this is probably the most excited I have ever been for a season finale.  To watch it live on Monday at 7pm central time!

I am a fun loving, nerdy, chill, cool girl. I love being a comic book nerd and love to talk about anything and everything. If you want to play video games or even board games I am your girl. I love playing multiplayer games as well as Twister!!! I have a very corky fashion style and well I love it!! I am just a girl that knows what she wants and will try to get there.
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.