This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Spooky season is quickly approaching, and so are these release dates! 

The Current War (October 25)- Originally released in 2017 at the Toronto International Film Festival, this movie features big names like Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Holland, who we will get to see work together again after Marvel’s End Game released earlier this year. It is a retelling of Thomas Edison, George Westinghouse and Nikola Tesla working with electric currents to provide what we now use today in modern time. 

Joker (October 4)- Premiering as the first stand-alone live action Joker movie, we see Joaquin Phoenix bring to life a character we all love to hate. Set in 1981, Phoenix portrays a failed comedian turn to a life of crime in Gotham City as he slowing loses it all. This also the first live-action movie from the Batman Franchise to receive an R-rating for its disturbing content. 

Gemini Man (October 11)- This film features Will Smith as both of the main characters, Henry Brogan, a government assassin looking to retire, and Junior, a younger clone of himself. Junior is able to predict every move Henry makes, and Henry must discover the truth about his clone before Junior gets to him first. 

Zombieland Double Tap (October 18)- Ten years after the original film, we see Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Abigail Breslin and Emma Stone return in their original roles. Now, they must survive evolving zombies, other survivors, and the biggest hassle yet—each other. 

The Addams Family (October 11)- Just in time for Halloween, our favorite spooky family returns better than ever. Now, they are moving to New Jersey to face their biggest adventure yet—the 21st century, all while preparing to host all their extended family. 

Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.