Coming Soon: November 2019’s Must-Watch Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

The year may be coming to a close, but that doesn’t mean Hollywood is slowing down anytime soon. Here are 5 movies that are coming out in the next month that you are not going to want to miss!

Doctor Sleep (November 8) 

It’s too bad that Joey can’t put this movie in the freezer to help him sleep… (and if you don’t get that reference, we can’t be friends.) Doctor Sleep is the sequel to Stephen King’s The Shining. Now, Dan Torrance is all grown up, and uses (and abuses) alcohol to cope with the traumatizing events that happened at the Overlook Hotel when he was younger. He meets Abra, a teenager with the same abilities as him, and together they must fight the True Knot, a cult that wants to feed off their abilities in order to become immortal. 

Knives Out (November 27) 

Think Clue, but with a star-studded cast. Basically, a family comes home to celebrate the patriarchs 85th birthday, only to have him die. A detective and a trooper come to investigate, and discover a lot more than they were ever expecting to uncover. You can expect to see many familiar faces, like Jamie Lee Curtis, Chris Evans and Katherine Langford. 

Frozen II (November 22) 

Surprise, surprise- Disney still hasn’t let this beloved series go. All our favorites are back and better than ever, and we see a time jump of three years. Elsa is called from north, and her, Anna, Kristoff, Olaf and Sven all travel an epic journey to discover the meaning behind Elsa’s powers, and save Arendelle in the process. 

Harriet (November 1) 

Harriet Tubman is a well-known name, but how well do you really know her story? Now, we get to see Cynthia Erivo portray the woman that helped save hundreds of slaves to freedom, and the lengths she took in order to save others, risking her own freedom in the process. 

21 Bridges (November 22)

Chadwick Boseman- the man, the myth, the NYPD detective set on avenging his fathers death.  After they get close to two suspects on the case, Boseman’s character shuts down the entirety of New York City— including all 21 bridges that leads into the city. 

And these are just 5 of many great releases! I didn’t even mention Terminator: Dark Fate, Charlies Angels or Midway. Head over to our Twitter and tweet us what movie you are most excited about this month!

Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.