Nina Dobrev as Billie Ellish 

With the rise in Ellish’s popularity in 2019, the singer has become a popular Halloween costume for the season. Dobrev rocks Ellish’s signature monochromatic oversized sweatshirt and shorts combo as well as her neon green root and black hair — making this an iconic look for the Halloween season. 

Liza Koshy as Anna Wintour

For 2019, Koshy decided to invoke the editor-in-chief of Vogue, Anna Wintour. For the last two years, Koshy has done the red carpet interviews for the annual Met Gala organized by Vogue. Koshy nails Wintour’s iconic bob and glasses combo, as well as her neutral expression. 

Gabrielle Union as herself in Bring it On

It’s been almost 20 years since “Bring it On” first hit theaters, and yet Union still hasn’t aged a day. For Halloween, she decided to bring back her old Clovers uniform from the film, along with her daughter rocking a similar uniform. While “Bring it On” has been a Halloween classic for years, Union proves that one one can compete with the real thing.

Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake as Justin Timberlake and his microphone

For this Halloween season, Biel and Timberlake threw it back to the 90s when Timberlake was a member of the boy band Nsync. Biel dressed as Timberlake in a shiny blue jumpsuit and curly blonde wig. Timberlake himself dressed as a black microphone to accompany Biel’s popstar persona. 

Halsey as Marilyn Manson

Arguably one of the queens of Halloween, Halsey took inspiration from singer Marilyn Manson for one of her looks this season. Leaning towards the spookier side of things, Halsey dons neon makeup (which the singer did herself) and wig along with a white latex bodysuit. With this look, the singer perfectly mixes darkness and glam for the holiday. 

Kylie Jenner as Ariel

Jenner has never shied away from Halloween as she often has multiple costumes for each year. This year included a Playboy bunny, Britney Spears, and Marilyn Monroe in “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.” However, the highlight would be her sexy-Ariel. She and her friends all dressed as sexy Disney princess — giving great detail to a classic sexy costume. 

The cast of Black-ish as the Tethered from Us

“Us” was one of the great horror films of 2019, and the image of the Tethered in their red jumpsuits instantly became iconic. The costume was taken on by the cast of “Black-ish” as Red, Abraham, Umbrae, Pluto, and Josh Tyler from the film. This costume is sure to be quite popular this Halloween season. 

G-Eazy as Edward Scissorhands

G-Eazy went back to 1990 for his Halloween costume as Edward Scissorhands. Tim Burton characters have always been popular for Halloween, but Edward is one of the more difficult ones to pull off. This makes G-Eazy’s costumes even more impressive considering the detail put into the costume. 

Ciara and Russell Wilson as Beyonce and Jay-Z

Last year, Beyonce and Jay-Z released a joint album called “Everything is Love.” Ciara and Wilson decided to dress and Beyonce and Jay-Z in the video for one of their songs off of the album. Ciara is actually wearing the same Peter Pilotto suit that Beyonce wore in the video. Beyonce has been a huge talking point as costume for this year, but Ciara went in a different direction with the idea that sets her apart from the others. 

Normani as Naomi Campbell

G-Eazy wasn’t the only celebrity to take it back to the 90s for Halloween. Normani referenced a Azzedine Alaïa design modeled by Naomi Campbell in 1991. She matched the leopard print bodysuit, gloves, and shoes. With the release of her song “Motivation” earlier this year, Normani rose to superstardom, and this costume is no exception — icons replicating icons.

Alex is a Freshman at the University of North Texas and is studying English and Journalism. She loves talking moves, TV, musical theatre, and anything Ariana Grande. You can find her on Instagram @alex_haley16 and on Twitter @aalleexx1616