This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

One of the best things about living in a college town is the many coffee shops tucked away waiting to be discovered. I love grabbing a warm drip or ice-cold latte with friends, on a date, or when I just want to get out of the apartment and have a little time to myself. Here are some of my favorite coffee shops around Denton. 

1. Cryptozoology

This coffee shop is one of my absolute favorites. Its open layout makes it perfect for group studying. Live bands occasionally play, adding to the ambiance of the place. It also doubles as Armadillo Ale Works, so you can also sample some of their craft beers and sit down with one of the many board games they have.   

2. Jupiter House 

After the tragic fire that burned down the mini mall, Jupiter House completely redesigned due to fire damage. The new Jupiter House is located right on the square and has a quirky and unique feel. Not only is the coffee amazing, they also offer a wide array of various bagels that are perfect for breakfast. 

3. Zera Coffee

This coffee shop is unique due to the fact that it is completely run by volunteers. Its cozy, homey, and welcoming atmosphere make it the perfect place to go to relax. It’s positive influence on the community and good coffee make it an excellent choice.

Junior at UNT studying History and Pre-Law. When I'm not reading, I enjoy baking, yoga, and watching 2000s Rom Coms.
Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.