Style > Beauty

Becky G x Colourpop Cosmetics: The SALVAJE Collection

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Colourpop Cosmetics has collaborated with music artist, Becky G, on a new collection launching December 5th, 2018. It is the company’s first ever collaboration with a music artist, and both Becky and Colourpop are beyond thrilled.

Becky G shared her excitement on Instagram when she revealed the news to her followers saying, “This has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember… I’m obsessed with every single item and I can’t wait to reveal more about each one! The collection is inspired by my strong Latin roots, something I’m obviously so proud of and I absolutely wanted to focus on that for this Collection.”

With that being said, the name of this collection is SALVAJE, which translates to “Savage” in English. The eight-piece collection consists of an eyeshadow palette, two luster dust loose highlighters and five liquid lipsticks. The pressed powder palette ($16) has 12 pigmented beautiful shades from a dirty peach and a deep burgundy to a stunning sea-foam green. The two Luster Dust loose highlighters ($7) comprise of a pale champagne gold shade, Chisme, and Princesa, a duochrome pink pale gold shade. Finally, the lipsticks come in two different formulas, three ultra matte and two ultra satin lips. They are just in time for the winter season, with shades like Besame, a burnt red, Flor, a gorgeous rich autumn maple orange, to Chola, a rich holiday plum.

I am already inspired by all these fierce looks Becky G has served us with on her instagram. I can’t wait to get my hands on the collection and see what I am able to create with it. It is such a unique collection, something no music artist has really ever done before, to collab with a makeup company, and produce a collection. The prices are super affordable, making it accessible to anyone so, don’t forget to check out the preview below to bookmark your favorite products before the launch!

Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.