This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Amber Lacy is an up-and-coming beauty and fashion YouTuber. She is striving to find herself in a sea of uncertainty, and the self-taught MUA is on her way! 

When did you start your make-up brand? I first started playing with make-up in high school and just kind of self taught myself from there. I would watch Youtube tutorials to learn different techniques and practice on myself and my little sister.

What is your make-up brand? How did you come up with the slogan? I wouldn’t really consider myself having a “make-up brand” since I’m still learning and I haven’t actually “promoted” myself as far as the cosmetic industry goes. However, I do post a few simple looks on my Youtube channel and I’m constantly getting compliments on my look. Specifically my eyebrows and winged liner. Recently I have come a long way with blending eyeshawdows and that’s being noticed as well.

What was a defining moment for you when it came to beauty? I’m the more natural beauty type of girl so I guess when I perfected my everyday look with the “no make-up make-up.” That had to be my defining point. I think it’s amazing when girls and guys know how to come through with a full beat face but also know how to tone it down with a semi natural glow.

What are your goals as far as with your brand? As far as my “brand” goes, I just want to let women know that you can be beautiful without spending 45 minutes out of your day just on your face and you don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars on make to get the look you want to achieve.

What does beauty mean to you?  To me beauty is not about being perfect but embracing your flaws and imperfections to the fullest while uplifting others. Not trying to be something you’re not to meet the standards of society, but organically being yourself and being comfortable in your own skin whether you’re Black, White, Latino or any other race; Not trying to be like everyone else but standing out by simply being yourself.

Overall, Amber Lacy uses her talent to showcase her exotic beauty. She is constantly pushing out content for her growing channel, and hope to take off soon. If you would like to contact Lacy about business inquiries, her social media handles are:  

• Twitter: @amberlacyy
  • Instagram: @amberlacyy
  • Facebook: @Amberlacyy 
  • Email: atlact59@gmail.com

We are very excited to have Lacy at our #BeautyInMe event! Please join Amber Lacy, and the Her Campus Staff at UNT on November 30, 2016. The event will be inside the Union, in room 268, from 6:00pm – 9:00 pm. Tickets are now available for $10 on EventBrite. We hope to see you there!

Senior at The University of North Texas. I made Black UNT my news beat, and haven't been able to sleep since. Love covering all things melanated Mean Green.
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.