This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

On February 14, Beach Bunny released their album, Honeymoon. You might have heard of their song “Prom Queen,” which became a hit on TikTok late last year, but they have made a lot of other amazing music. They released Dream Boy, a song from the Honeymoon album, on Halloween of 2019. Dream Boy is probably one of my favorite songs from the album. They proceeded to release other singles from their album, Ms. California, Promises, and Cloud 9, in the weeks leading up to the album’s release – on Valentine’s Day of 2020. 

Let me just say, I had been anticipating this album for about a year and a half, and I was so excited when the album finally came out. It has some great upbeat songs, but there are also slow emo songs that are bops too. Here is my take on each of the songs:

Promises: What a good song. It tells this angsty story of a girl still having feelings for a person that left her. I love the line “how could you love someone and leave.” It is so upfront, and man, I can imagine listening to this song after a tough breakup. 

Cuffing Season: I love the progression of the melody and the guitar chords throughout the song. It slows really nice and keeps the song up beat. I am going to the band’s concert in March, and I already know there will be lots of crowd movement and head banging to this song. 

April: This song is literally so adorable. Different from the first two songs, the song is a lot slower and it starts off much calmer. It is a really nice song and I would love to listen to it in my car while it rains. 

Rearview: Like April, this song starts are really slow and calm, maybe even more relaxed than April. I love that the band can create songs that are super upbeat and songs that sound that so emo. Similar to Promises’ vibe, the song talks about someone loving someone who doesn’t love them. Add this song to your sad emo playlist, cause it’s a bop. 

Ms. California: This song is like Prom Queen – in a sense of wanting to be something that you aren’t. This song wasn’t my favorite from my album at first, but it has really started to grow on me. The guitar riffs of the melody section are really cool, and you guys should definitely check this song out. 

Colorblind: I love the guitar start of this song. It sounds nice, and the song is a nice, happy, upbeat song. It is probably not my favorite of the album, but it is definitely worth a listen. 

Racetrack: This song sounds like a song that could be a lullaby or a song that plays with a ballerina music box. It is sad and sinks the listener into a sense of life questions, but it is a really good calming song. The song uses a lot of scales with the notes, and it works nice and is really calming for the listener. 

Dream Boy: This is my FAVORITE song of the album. I don’t know what it is about it, but I am constantly thinking of this song or listening to it while I drive. It has a nice mix of upbeat flow, but the lyrics are really calling out for someone to love them – and it really works. I love the line “If you’re gonna love me, make sure that you do it right.” It sums up the song really well. Y’all should really go give this song a listen. 

Cloud 9: First off, the music video for this video is made through cartoons, and it is really adorable. THe color scheme in the video screams Beach Bunny, and I love how the cartoon people look. The song, like many of their other songs, has an upbeat flow with lyrics going back and forth from happy and longing lyrics. 

If you haven’t heard of Beach Bunny before, please go give them a listen. They are an amazing band, and their lead singer, Lili Trifilio, is an icon. Go check them out. 

New homes Perth offers the best professional advice to the clients for building up their dream home project and if you want to know about the project evaluation, then visit newhomedesignsperth.com.au.
Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.