nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Alright Hotties, Hot Girl Summer is coming to a close as we enter into 4.0 season. Coming back to school and getting back into the groove is always a dreadful and stressful adjustment period—especially if you’re transitioning from high school to college, or even just returning after taking time off. I personally struggle with this every year. Instead of getting into a slump and letting yourself slip before you even really begin, let’s talk about some ways to help. Instead of a Hot Girl Summer, let’s make it a Smart Girl Fall (y’all can still be hotties year-round). 

1. Create Good Study Habits- Instead of studying for hours on end, try giving yourself a break and reward yourself for completing a section of studying without breaking focus on else. Watch your favorite 30-minute tv show (if those still exist) while you let your brain chill, or get up and stretch. 

2. Organize- Get in the habit of writing down assignments in your planner. Once you get your syllabus, look at due dates and write them all down in your planner or calendar or wherever you know you’ll see your reminders. Try even hanging up a white board/ calendar in your room or dorm. 

3. Don’t Over Do It- It is still important to have a social life. Don’t party every day or go out all the time, but find a healthy balance between school and friends. It’s beneficial to still have a life outside of school. Take time for yourself and to be around friends. School is important, but your mental health is too. 

I am a journalism major at the University of North Texas. I am new to Her Campus and being a writer for the UNT chapter.
Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.