This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

It’s a crazy September this year. The West Coast is on fire, COVID-19 is still a very real problem, and the presidential election is less than two months away. You need to put your earbuds in (or your AirPods, or your knock off AirPods if you’re like me) and vibe with some good tunes. 

1. Girls Need Love by Summer Walker. This song sounds like taking a bubble bath with the lights off and a candle lit. Love it. 

2. Texas Sun by Khruangbin and Leon Bridges. Do you remember how it feels to sit in the passenger seat while someone you love drives you somewhere? And the sun is setting and it feels like your whole life is in front of you? That’s what this song feels like. 

3. Become the Warm Jets by Current Joys. This song has a real sitting-on-your-kitchen-floor-at-midnight vibe. Not in a bad way. 

4. Sad TV by Mind Shrine. Lo-fi sounding but with a lot more effort and intention behind it. Understatedly a jam. 

5. Funny Thing by Thundercat. Let’s round this playlist out with a groovy tune that makes you feel like roller-skating under black lights. 

Journalism major. I like dogs, poetry, and iced coffee, in that order.