Affordable Nightcare Routines

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Skin care has been the new craze for everyone lately. There’s this idea floating around that skincare has to be expensive to be beneficial and i’m here to tell you this is false! On top of that, skin care can be very difficult for those of us that have oily skin. These are the steps I take to keep my skin clear and hydrated before bed.

Clean & Clear Night Relaxing Cleanser

This facial cleanser is an oil-free cleanser which is PERFECT for us oily girls. This product is very gentle and great at deep cleaning. The scent is also very calming and therapeutic, in fact the instructions on the bottle tells you to take deep breaths as you’re cleansing your face to relax you for bed.

Sea Breeze Astringent

The second step of any skin care routine should definitely be an astringent. Astringents are used to control the skins pH and to also clear out impurities and left over makeup on the face. The Sea Breeze Astringent is amazing because it leaves your face feeling smooth and also with a fresh tingling feel. If you have sensitive skin, they offer a sensitive formula that is even MORE gentle.

Ulta Sheet Mask

Sheet masks don’t really have benefits of cleansing the skin but they are great for quick hydration, redness control and brightening the skin. Ulta beauty has the best sheet mask for an affordable price!

OKAY Shea Butter

If you suffer from acne or dark spots shea butter is the best thing for your skin. Not only is shea butter great for moisture but it lightens dark spots left behind after breakouts. Since I have been using shea butter I have not experience any breakouts.

I am a sophomore transfer student studying communications at the University of North Texas. I am originally from Joliet, IL , a suburb outside of Chicago, and have previously attended Lewis University. I am very interested in beauty and everything fashion. I enjoy spending my days watching Youtube and also documentaries on Netflix.
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.