9 Times Legally Blonde Accurately Described Your Greek Life Experience

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Misconceptions of Greek Life bonds plague mainstream culture. A prevailing image of fraternities and sororities is one associated with heavy drinking, controversial hazing incidents and exclusivity, which is not the case. Few movie and/or television shows use positive images of Greek Life. I don’t blame them, showing scenes of late night event planning meetings for a week long philanthropy event is boring, as would be the study sessions, or visits to schools, nursing homes, community centers for the blind and more. I get it, not very entertaining.

The Legally Blonde franchise, however, is a better representation of the balance of Greek social life and the real work we put into our chapters, campus life and personal academics. I’ll stop lecturing about the misrepresentation of Greek Life in the media and instead focus on the 9 (light-hearted) ways Legally Blonde accurately depicted your Greek Life experience:

When Elle received a 179 on her LSAT, not only did her sisters support her, but confetti and glitter were involved. Ask Elle how many showers it took to get that out of her hair, definitely more than one!

Every party should be a costume party. If not, how do I know what to wear?

Sisters are there for you in the worst of times, as much as they are there for you in the best of times! Elle visited Brooke while she was in jail, even brining all the essentials!

The Snap Cup is all too real!! And thank God for it!

Accomplishing something (Greek Week, Homecoming, Philanthropy Week) like…

Missing Greek Week to study is such a drag, but academics always come first!

Mani-Pedis ALWAYS fix everything

Greek Life builds leaders!! Look how many presidents have been in Greek Life, or CEOs of Fortune-500 companies, or successful entrepreneur’s, the list goes on and on. Often times, those most involved in campus activities are Greek affiliated.

The support network is nation-wide, and you have an instant connection to someone, even if you don’t know them, when they say they’re either Greek or if you’re lucky enough, of the same affiliation!

Kait is a second-year Journalism student in the Mayborn School of Journalism at the University of North Texas. Her passions include taking spontaneous road trips, binge watching and reading the news, joining protests and petting kitty cats. She aspires to first survive her undergraduate years before taking on the world. Then possibly attend law school, join the Peace Corps and help secure rights for women in refugee camps.
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.