jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Reasons Why Fall is the Best Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Fall is truly one of the most magical times of the year. The weather changes, the leaves change and fashion changes. Even though the weather is still pretty warm, the chilly morning air leaves me excited for all of autumn’s new beginnings.

1. The weather

As a mentioned before, the chilly weather that comes along with fall is amazing. It’s not too hot, but it’s not too cold and bugs finally start disappearing. A win-win situation.

2. Football season

Fall also means we get to watch our team play, and college football games are so much more fun than I expected. Even if your school is not winning, it is still fun to go out and enjoy the Saturday night lights.

3. Halloween 

Scary movies, haunted houses and pumpkins. Enough said.

4. Thanksgiving 

A time for everyone’s families to meet up and remember what that they are thankful for. Oh, and you can’t forget the food. Lots and lots of good food.

5. Cute clothes 

It’s almost time to break out all of our cute sweaters, scarves and hoodies! Nothing makes me happier than wearing flannels, and I cannot wait to bring out my collection once again.

6. The leaves change color 

Suddenly, even the drabbest places seem beautiful. Red, orange and yellow really help bring color to our world.

Overall, fall is the best season out of the year because it’s such a happy time. In the middle of a hectic semester, there is beauty everywhere you look. Even though most students are looking forward to finishing up midterms and heading home for Thanksgiving break, I encourage everyone to stop and take a look at our beautiful campus as the season changes.

Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.