brit nappy ?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
brit nappy ?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Nappy

5 Young Adults Romance Novels that Can Melt Even the Coldest of Hearts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Are you looking for a book to make you swoon, giggle, or even make you cry? If you’re looking for heartwarming, soul-touching, moving books about young love, you came to the right place!! Cuddle up under the blankets, grab a cup of hot chocolate and scroll down to see our list of romance novels, especially perfect during this month of LOVE and ROMANCE.❤ ❤ ❤ 

1. Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – Anna is anticipating her senior year in her high school in Atlanta Georgia where she has a loyal best friend, a great job, and a crush on the popular boy in school, Toph. When her parents inform her that she is going to a boarding school in Paris, France, she is devastated. That is until she meets Etienne St. Clair. With Etienne having a girlfriend, her having new friends, and Bridgette dating Toph, she thinks the world is out to get her. Eventually, things work out for Anna when Étienne declares his feelings for her they end up dating for the rest of the year.

2. The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West- When her boyfriend, Bradley breaks up with her in the parking lot of her high school prom, Gia Montgomery is left without any choice but to embarrass herself by showing up to prom without a date. That is until she sees a cute guy waiting to pick up his sister in a truck in the same parking lot she was broken up in. She convinces him to be her fill-in boyfriend for the night since none of her friends have ever met her boyfriend. This works out perfectly until she finds herself thinking about her fill-in boyfriend even days after the prom. Can Gia confess her feelings for the fill-in Bradley without exposing her lie and newfound relationships, especially now when the real Bradley is back and threatening to expose her?

3. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green- In this totally heartwarming book by John Greene, 16-year-old Hazel who has been diagnosed with lung cancer is reluctant to go to a support group. However, her opinion quickly changes when she meets Augustus who recently had the all clear of his osteosarcoma. Embark on a rollercoaster of emotions as these two teenagers experience love, sadness, romance, and the author of their favorite book, An Imperial Affliction.

4. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han- This book is the perfect thing to read when you want to go to your happy place. Lara Jean writes love letters to every boy she has ever loved. These letters are not meant for anyone to be seen, they are only for her, and in these letters, she pours out her soul and writes things she would never say to the person in real life. In total, there are five of these love letters she wrote which she kept inside a hatbox her mother gave her. What does Lara Jean do when she finds out that someone has mailed these secret love letters and the addressees are coming forward?

5. P.S. I Like You by Kasie West- When someone starts replying to her scribbles on the desk of her chemistry class, Lily begins to look forward to chemistry class. She finds herself thinking about her pen pal often, but she realizes she doesn’t necessarily want to learn his identity. They’ve been able to share their deepest secrets, and he’s written about his struggles with his absentee father. The mystery of it all is exciting. She thinks it is her crush, a cute senior named Lucas. What does Lily do when she finds out that the identity of her penpal is not at all what she expected? Does she keep writing, or does she stop?

Gbemisola Raji is a freshman student at the University of North Texas studying political science with a minor in Communication Studies. In her free time, she enjoys creative writing especially poetry and short stories. She is now a HerCampus contributing writer and blogger. Follow her on twitter @rajign and Instagram @irsraji_. Her email is also @rajigbemisola1@gmail.com.
Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.