5 Small Acts of Rebellion for Shy Girls

1. GET A PIERCING

You could be impulsively getting a piercing at any moment as long as you’re over 18 and have about 30 bucks to spare. It’s an impermanent way to make yourself feel edgy and cool.

2. TWEET SOMETHING WEIRD

Throw caution to the wind! Reject societal expectations! Say something crazy and don’t look back.

3. OVER-EAT

Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels? More like nothing tastes as good as a dozen grocery store cupcakes in one sitting.

4. READ A CHEESY ROMANCE NOVEL

You’re expected to think romance novels are stupid and for old, lonely women. Be a rebel and enjoy those super-vivid descriptions of miscellaneous body parts.

5. CHANGE YOUR HAIR

Maybe you’ve always wanted to dye your hair purple or get a cute pixie cut. There’s no time like the present! Bonus points if you cut your own bangs.

Maddie is in her third year of existential woe at the University of North Texas. When she's not in the library, you will probably catch her painting, listening to cute acoustic music, dismantling the patriarchy, or trying to practice good self care. On a good day, she's doing all of them at once.