Style > Beauty

5 Beauty Gurus to Watch for Every Type of Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Every girl’s skin type, makeup preference, and brand choice is different. Sometimes it’s hard relating to your friends if they don’t share the same tastes as you. So who do you turn to when you need some extra advice on your makeup? The makeup gurus on Youtube, of course! And the best part is, there’s one for every type of girl. Check them out below!

Luxury Loving and Everyday Glam. Although we’re in college, there are still some women who enjoy splurging on their makeup brands. Whether it’s because they get a good deal, a Christmas present, or save up, brands like Lancome and Tom Ford are definitely appealing to some. Well, Tati Westbrook has made a name for herself on Youtube as being one of the most glammed up gurus out there. You will never catch her without her lashes on, and she gives honest reviews about luxury products that she buys with her own money, including price, quality, packaging, and more! 

The Lazy, Relaxed Girl. Aka me. It was hard finding a Youtube makeup guru that was not only entertaining but easy to relate to, as I don’t like wearing false lashes or tons of makeup on a daily basis. If you’re anything like me, RachhLoves is your girl! Although she has her share of glammed up videos, she almost always looks fresh-faced and uses a variety of brands that help her create an every day makeup look. Plus, she’s super sassy and has a lifestyle channel as well!

Subscription Box Obsessed. It’s hard to stay on trend with makeup and afford some higher end products, so the answer lies within subscription boxes. Whether it’s birch box, boxy charm, ipsy, or anything else, these subscription boxes give you a variety of samples to try every month. Sisters Stephanie and Tracy from eleventhgorgeous post monthly subscription box reviews and compare their options. They’re super fun and upbeat and also Disney-obsessed! (fun fact) 

Chill Vibes. If makeup is a form of therapy for you, Kathleen Lights is your gal! She gives off such an easy going vibe in all of her videos, from her makeup choices to her wardrobe picks and even the way she talks. She makes being a tomboy look effortless while also embracing her feminine side. Also, her accent is adorable. 

#Boss. If you want your look to exude confidence, sass, and no apologies, head on over to Jaclyn Hill’s channel. She is brutally honest and embraces who she is no matter what, and doesn’t apologize for it. Her collaborations with Morphe are some of the most successful, reasonably priced palettes out there on the market. Jaclyn’s sassy remarks and excitement is almost addictive, and she definitely knows a thing or two about highlight.

Whether they’re from this list or not, we hope you’ve found your personal makeup guru to guide you through life! Until next time, beauties! HCXO <3 All photos belong to their rightful owners and were taken directly from the Youtubers’ twitter pages.

Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.