This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

If you’re a person that knows me, you probably know all of these facts already–I don’t mind sharing them. I specifically chose these facts because I do believe they are random and unique to me. 

1. I have never shaved my legs

It’s true. I don’t think I ever will unless it’s my wedding day, and even then that’s a maybe. I see no need to, at least not yet. I tell people this and they say they can’t tell and it looks fine. I don’t know if it’s a lie or not, though.

2. I have been pooped on twice by birds

One time in Italy and one time in Galveston. I fed some birds on the boardwalk in Galveston, trying to be nice, and I was pooped on. In Italy, I don’t know why but I was just chosen as a target.

3. I want to own a motorcycle

I’ve never ridden a motorcycle, but I feel like it will be similar to riding a rollercoaster except you’re in control and determine how long it lasts. Plus if I own a motorcycle, I can be a part of a gang!

4. I love scary movies

Just like rollercoasters, it’s all about that adrenaline rush. I don’t know what’s going to happen next and I want to cover my eyes, but at the same time I don’t. What I get from horror films is something I can’t get from any other genres. I admire them so much and I most certainly got this trait from my mother. I remember watching the original ‘It’ movie as a 9-year-old child and being terrified to sleep alone. I don’t regret it.

5. I ended my first semester of college with a 4.0

I don’t know how I did it, but I did. My first semester was my easiest in contrast to what most transitioning teenagers feel. The first year or two of college is almost always the basics and maybe that’s why I excelled. I was overwhelmed with joy and now I’m trying to do it again. 

6. I eat ramen noodles raw

So you know how ramen noodles either come in a cup or in a package with seasoning? Whenever it comes in the package, I like to eat them raw, without the seasoning. It tastes like chips, sometimes I dip it in guacamole. You don’t have to take it that far, but I think you should try it. This is another trait given to me from my mother.

7. I don’t really enjoy household animals

So, the truth is I kinda don’t like pets. Specifically dogs and cats. They make noise and shed and destroy things. I don’t hate them, but I just don’t see one and want to immediately pet it. They’re okay, don’t hate me!

8. I can’t do the tongue taco 

The thing where you can make your tongue turn into a taco? My tongue muscles don’t allow me do this. I’ve tried to be taught and no one ever teaches me, they just show me. I’m sad.

9. I can’t whistle

I’ve tried so many times. How do you shape your mouth? Is your tongue involved? How hard do I blow? Should I lick my lips before hand? These questions have not been answered for me.

10. My favorite movie is either ‘Bring it On: All or Nothing’ or ‘The Blind Side’

I’ve watched ‘Bring It On: All or Nothing’ so many times that I can quote it. I haven’t seen any of the other ones in the franchise so I am biased for making it my favorite. The Blind Side is just a beautiful classic. How can you hate that movie?

11. I have 14 piercings, all in my ears

I had 16, but two of them closed. I’m still mourning the loss. Whenever I get ear piercings, I like to get them in pairs, so if I get one I have to get the other. My goal is to have 20 piercings, 10 on each ear. I don’t know my obsession with piercings, it’s like how people obsess over tattoos. I am too scared to get pierced anywhere else, but I want many other body piercings. 

12. I have a scar on my chest that always get mistaken for a birthmark

Whenever someone sees the scar on my chest (not that I go around just flashing people) they always assume it’s a birthmark, but it’s not. It has a much cooler story than that. Back in the day whenever Heelys were cool and in style, I had a pair and I LOVED them. One day I was rolling in a gas station parking lot and I fell and literally slid on the ground. Because of that, I have a scar on my chest–still over a decade later.

13. My brother stabbed me in the ear with a thermometer 

My brother was very young, maybe two years old. He was playing ‘doctor’ and I wasn’t paying attention. He stuck a thermometer in my ear quite violently and next thing you know I can’t hear and there’s blood coming out of my ear. My eardrum was not busted, thankfully, but it was scratched. I would like to account this for my bad hearing.

14. I’ve never been to Disneyland or DisneyWorld

I want to go so badly, I hear it’s the happiest place on Earth. But I have to be not only rich enough to travel outside my state, but to actually enjoy myself there. Maybe one day.

15. I want to be vegan/vegetarian

I had to research the difference. Vegans do not eat any animal products at all, whereas vegetarians don’t eat animals but still animal based products–dairy and eggs. This may not make sense to anyone else but me, but I feel like because there is such a stigma around eating cats and dogs, we shouldn’t be eating animals at all. Why not treat all animals equally?

16. I’ve never broken a bone

I feel like breaking a bone is so painful–I’m glad I haven’t endured it. A bone literally snapping in half. Ow.

17. I shower with the lights off 

I have been at this for about 8 years. It all started with my mother. She would shower without lights (but with a candle burning) to blind her from the dirtiness of the tub. She has a phobia of bathrooms and I feel like she has passed it on to me. I don’t like showering with the lights on and I refuse to do it, unless MAYBE it is a hotel bathroom. I don’t even use the restroom with lights. I hate cleaning bathrooms, they disgust me. I’m glad I have my boyfriend because he agrees to clean for me when needed.

18. My favorite books are ‘The Way I Used to Be’ and ‘A Base Case of Stripes’

In elementary school I literally dressed up as the little girl from ‘A Bad Case of Stripes’. I went all out and even had my face painted with stripes (thanks mom). I don’t know why, but I really enjoyed that book as a child. I read ‘The Way I Used to Be’ in high school and have now purchased it. I feel exactly what the character went through and it never gets old.

19. I eat vanilla ice cream with Lays chips

There are a lot of weird food combinations that I continually get hate for, but this has to be my favorite. Vanilla ice cream with some crunched up Lays chips is just *chefs kiss.* The soft and crunchy/sweet and salty combination can’t be beat! This is another thing my mom put me on to and I don’t regret it.

20. I am a hoarder

I say this wholeheartedly and with pride. I literally have notes that my crush wrote me in 6th grade that I will probably never need in a box at my house. I just love looking back on past memories and it’s hard for me to let go. Whenever I become a parent, this habit will be an advantage for me.

21. My hand cracks whenever I put in in a fist

This has been happening since the 2nd grade. Whenever I put my right hand in a fist, all of my knuckles crack. I can open and close it into a fist and it happens every time. I don’t know what’s up with that and why it happens, but I feel like I should be fine…right?

22. I wear a size 10 in shoes

For some reason it surprises people that I have such big feet–well, big in their eyes. I wish I had small enough feet to fit into kids shoes because then my shoe game would be fire. Nothing ever comes in my size and it really is a struggle. 

23. I am a bad packer

I’ve gotten better over the years, somewhat. I feel like every time I pack to go somewhere I leave something behind. I like when I have my mom to hold me accountable to make sure I have everything I need. Sidenote: I love my mom.

24. I’ve been to Italy and France 

Italy was my first time out of the country and France was my dream place to visit since I could remember. I had the chance to travel to Italy with my high school drill team and to France with my french class, both in high school. I wish I had a better phone then so I could have taken better pictures. I definitely want to go back soon, but I don’t know when I’ll be financially stable for that. Once again, it was all because of my mother, and I love her for always wanting me to be happy and making my dream come true.

25. I go to therapy

I went to therapy in 2018 for four months and I enjoyed my experience with it. I feel like there’s such a stigma about going to therapy in not only society, but in the black community. Going into therapy, I was definitely not excited about it and didn’t want to do it, but I was going to put my best foot forward anyway. My appreciation for it has lead me to go back. I’ve been going to therapy for over a month now on a weekly basis. What I gain from therapy is not something I feel like I get from anywhere and it’s really difficult to explain why. I just know that if you’re in college and you get these services for free (but not really because you’re paying for them), then utilize them! Try it out just to see if you like it, and if you realize it’s not for you, it’s still a win-win situation.

Well there you have it, 25 facts about me. They’re actually all true believe it or not. One day I want to start a YouTube channel, so if you see me on YouTube repeating these same facts, don’t say anything. Just comment about how real of a fan you are because you read this article back in the day. Thanks for reading!

I am a sophomore at the University of North Texas with a major in integrative studies which allows me to choose 3 concentrations and study them all at once. Mine are business, communications, and marketing with a double minor in African American and women gender studies. I am sociable, as some would say, and funny, as most would say. I would call myself an introvert that is an extrovert. Honestly, I am trying to still figure me and my journey out and I hope you can join me for the ride.
Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.