10 Shows to Binge Watch if You’re a Show Repeater

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

It’s time to get out of that show rut. Raise your hand if you’ve ever gone through Netflix’s entire library only to end up watching The Office (again). Keep them up if you can name episode plotlines of Friends in the first 30 seconds of watching. Or if you can recite quotes from How I Met Your Mother in your sleep. Congratulations, you my friend are a show repeater. And you’re not alone. Most of us are guilty of watching the same show repeatedly. Here are 10 shows guaranteed to stop (or renew) the vicious cycle.

For fans of The Office and Parks and Recreation:

Brooklyn Nine-Nine  

The workplace comedy responsible for proving that woke humor exists.  

The Good Place  

This show proves that death is a laughing matter.

If inappropriate humor is your thing:

Broad City

Role models? No. Kweens? Yasss. 

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia

The worst people in Philly are also the funniest.

If you’re a sucker for a funny lady:

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel ​

From 50s housewife to standup comic. Marvelous, indeed. 

The Mindy Project.

Your WCW wishes her life was a romantic comedy, is obsessed with bear claws, and lies on the floor dramatically when things don’t go her way. It’s Mindy. Mindy Lahiri is your WCW.

If drama is your middle name:

Jane the Virgin

The novela for millennials.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

The musical for millenials

For the outcasts:

Freaks and Geeks. 

Sam Weir, king of the side eye.

Daria

Daria Morgendorffer, queen of clapbacks.

Diana Lopez is a student at University of North Texas. She is a Media Arts major and aspires to work as a screenwriter. She enjoys writing (obviously) and watching television until her eyes burn. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @dianactually.
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.