This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

I’ve talked about how fashions that go out of style often come back, but let’s get more specific and talk about vintage jewelry. 

A couple of years ago I started working part-time at an antique mall in Greenwood, Nebraska. A lot of older customers are surprised to see me working there, but it’s a pretty fun job. I get one of the first looks at new merchandise when dealers bring it in and I’ve learned a lot more about antiques and vintage items that I didn’t know before. Now, working there is a little dangerous because it’s hard to take your paycheck to the bank and not buy the things you see first. One thing that I’ve probably spent many of my paychecks on while working there would be jewelry! You can get some pretty good deals and there’s a lot of super cute stuff that you just can’t find in outlet stores or typical jewelry stores. But why should you be interested in my purchases at work? Keep reading and I’ll tell you why. 

Vintage jewelry is one of those things that may have gone out of style at some point but has definitely come back recently with the popularization of boho-chic, 80s, and 90s fashion. 

Whether you’re looking for jewelry for daily wear or trying to find something for your next night on the town, you need to know the best place to look. Some of the best places to score great vintage jewelry include garage sales, thrift stores, antique malls, vintage markets, and online. Obviously you all can guess that I shop at an antique mall since I work there, but I also love shopping at Goodwills and small-town thrift stores. The key is to find places that haven’t been too picked over so you have a better selection. 

If you’re worried about pulling off these styles, there’s good news too. A lot of vintage jewelry you find can be matched with more modern looks. For those of you looking to expand your style, there’s plenty of options that can make bold statements. And if you’re ever traveling and need a ring that you don’t have to worry about losing or keeping safe, here’s the perfect solution. 

There’s a lot of modern possibility in the styles of the past. Especially when it comes to vintage jewelry. 

Agriculture and Environmental Science Communication Major, class of 2021. Passionate about agriculture, writing, and art (of all kinds)!! I pride myself in being a pun aficionado and I love finding good new music!