Vance Joy Performs at the Pinnacle, Free to UNL Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Vance Joy, a name that originally came from a novel called “Bliss” by Peter Carey also happens to be the same name of one of today’s hottest bands. Originally Vance Joy was just another open-mic band that toured the bar scene in Australia, but with time and practice, they were able to transform themselves into a band that we have all come to admire.

Their hit song “Riptide” is evidence of the determination these men had as it took a little over five years to complete from start to finish. This one song gave them the platform they needed to launch their brand and finish their album. Currently, they have managed to top the charts not only in Australia and the USA, but also in other countries such as the UK, Austria, Belgium, Germany, Ireland, Slovakia and in the Czech Republic with the hit song “Riptide.” Currently they continue to record with Atlantic Records and tour the USA and other countries to bring joy and entertainment to everyone.

They will be visiting Lincoln, Nebraska very soon and will be performing at the Pinnacle Bank Arena. The date has been set for April 23, 2015 at 8:00PM. The best part about it is that all UNL students can go for free!

I am from Murray, Nebraska. I am a Fashion Journalism Major and Spanish Minor.