This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

The transition between seasons in Nebraska can be tough. One day it’s 75 degrees and sunny, the next day it’s 40 degrees with 30 mph wind. You just never know what you’re going to get, regardless of what your weather app tells you that morning. Quinn, a sophomore marketing major with a minor in art, shows us how a classic fall and winter staple, the turtleneck, is a go-to transition piece. 

With the temperature around 70 degrees, Quinn wanted to be cool, but also wanted to dress like it’s fall. Wearing shorts and a t-shirt in October just doesn’t feel quite right. She paired a light pink turtleneck with a cutoff denim skirt, both from H&M. White Adidas Stan Smith sneakers give her outfit an effortless vibe and make for a comfortable walk to class. A Fjallraven Kanken backpack is big enough to hold everything she needs throughout the day and is probably the cutest backpack I’ve ever seen. Quinn accessorized with silver accessories and Miley-inspired pigtail buns (which I’ve spent way too much time in the bathroom trying to perfect). 

For the remainder of the fall, take some inspiration from Quinn and pair winter basics with mid-temperature pieces for a look that will keep you comfortable temperature wise while still being totally on trend. 

A twenty-year-old international business student with dreams much bigger than my 5'1 self. Slightly obsessed with Germany, Lana Del Rey, and cookie butter.