Preston Kelley ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Name: Preston Kelley          

Year in college: Senior

Hometown: Lincoln, NE

Major: Communication Studies

Relationship Status: Single

Campus Involvement/Activities: Study Abroad Fair, part time employee at The Post & Nickel

HC: What do you like to do in your free time; any hobbies/special interests?

PK: I really love to travel whether it is going to Omaha, Kansas City, or another continent. I love seeing other parts of the world and U.S.

HC: Where do you see yourself in ten years?

PK: I will be living somewhere I really love, probably outside of Lincoln, probably outside of the U.S.  Also, I want to have a job that I feel really passionate about and really like doing. It will involve traveling the world, consistently surrounded by people that I admire/inspire me.

HC: If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

PK: Lately I’ve been looking into Australia.  I have friends in Australia that I really want to see and I have heard that Australia is really great.  They know how to live with a good work and lifestyle balance. 

HC: If you could change anything about yourself, would you? And what would it be?

PK: Nothing too big but I inherited my dad’s chin which I would probably change if I could. 

HC: What are your pet peeves?

PK: Sweatpants.  I get it, they’re comfortable, but that doesn’t mean you have to wear them all the time everyday.  It really doesn’t take that much more time to throw on jeans and a tee shirt or button up with sneakers as it does to put on sweatpants and sweatshirt. 

HC: What is your worst fear?

PK: Every time I have went hiking or am in an area where there are venomous snakes, I always have the fear that I’ll step on one or one will bite me.

HC: We’ve all had embarrassing moments…. would you mind sharing one of yours?

PK: Sure!  When I was studying abroad in Italy I went on an embarrassing date.  The part of Milan that we were in was a really touristy part and we went to a fancier restaurant just to get something to drink.  I didn’t think anything of it because she ordered a tea and I had some coffee, but the bill totaled out to be something like 25 Euros!  I only had 20 euro on me at the time so I thought I would use my card, however they didn’t take cards.  In short I had to ask her to cover the other 5 Euros.   That was fairly embarrassing.  In short no second date ever happened. 

HC: And of course I have to ask, what’s your favorite part of being a Husker?

PK: The Midwest mentality that many people have here.  For the most part people are pretty welcoming and courteous to all kinds of people. 

Think fast…

Favorite Food: Any simple pasta recipe

Celeb Crush: Sofia Vergara

Favorite Movie: Annie Hall

Biggest Turn off: Constantly checking a phone

Superpower that you’d like to have: Be able to stop time

I am from Murray, Nebraska. I am a Fashion Journalism Major and Spanish Minor.